I live with some serious contenders for Cookie Monster. These people are hardcore out of control. How out of control, you ask. Well, I lock my pantry now, if that gives you any clue. Because no one here has any regulatory control over treats, even the gluten free kind, I have taken to locking the pantry during the day, to keep sneaky hands out. Let me tell you, that has saved me so much money lately, it’s insane.
Any way…they like cookies and I do try to appease them. No often, and because it is summer here, I do tend to not bake as much. It’s just too hot. But on occasion, if I catch the temperatures just right, I can pull off some cookies mid-summer, like I did the other night.
ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES WITH LIME AND COCONUT
- 2 C Burrough’s Family Farms Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/2 C Maple Syrup (or Agave or raw honey)
- Juice of one large lime
- Pulp of lime
- 1/2 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- Pinch of pink salt
- Blend all ingredients together in large mixing bowl with a wire whisk. It will be tough to stir at first, but the citrus will cut through it. Mix until completely incorporated.*
- Using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop batter onto baking stone or cookie sheet with parchment. Should make exactly 24 cookies.
- Bake on 350F for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on stone or cookie sheet before removing. They will continue to cook out of the oven, so don’t move them until cooled.
- Good served warm or chilled in the refrigerator.
* If dough seems too runny at first, chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before scooping and baking. Baking time may need to be altered if you chill your dough.