Thai soup is my fall back to-go food when I don’t want to cook, but the problem is, my favorite restaurant is closed on Sundays. So I decided tonight to try my hand at it myself, it being Sunday and all.
This was surprisingly easy and cooked very quickly. And I surprisingly loved it, which means Thai food is going to be easier to eat more frequently now and on Sunday! Yay!
Thai Shrimp & Salmon Soup
- 1 thick-cut salmon filet
- 1 lb large peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 1/4 C organic, grassfed ghee
- 1 C julienned colorful bell peppers
- 1/2 C shallot
- 1/2 C chopped cilantro
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 t minced ginger
- Squeeze of kefir lime
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 t Thai chili spice
- 1 t chili powder
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 4 c vegetable broth
- Cut salmon into bite-size pieces. Pat dry. Set aside.
- Pat dry shrimp. Set aside.
- Melt ghee in 3 qt sauce pot.
- Sautéed carrots until slightly tender.
- Add peppers, shallot, garlic, ginger, cilantro and cook until cooked through.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add spices. Stir.
- Add in seafood and cook until shrimp is pink and salmon is tender and flakes.