Does that make you happy? It made me happy. That sizzle, that crisp, the sweetness of the summery peach combined with the cured saltiness of the prosciutto. It’s amazing.
My girlfriend Susie J, of My Paleo Fam, made this dish for me a year ago before Taste of Paleo. Click there for her version. It was so yummy I declared it one of the best things I’d ever eaten. Still is. I’ve been inspired ever since to give it a go several times.
I tweaked mine a bit tonight for ingredients on hand and a different flair.
- 6 slices thick prosciutto, cut length-wise in half (12 pcs.)
- 2 XL fresh peach, cut into 6 large wedges (12 pcs.)
- 2 C mixed greens
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Peppery Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Prosciutto Wrapped Peaches: wrap lengthwise prosciutto around peaches. In a medium saucepan with lemon evoo heated over medium-high heat, crisp prosciutto wrapped peaches until desired doneness; I prefer mine well-done like bacon, so I turn mine frequently until dark red and extra crispy, avoiding over-cooking the peaches.
- Salad: Arrange mixed greens and tomatoes on 2 plates. Arrange peaches on top- 6 each salad.
- Peppery Honey Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 C Lemon EVOO
- 1/4 C White Balsamic
- 1 T raw honey
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T homemade mayo
- 1/2 t coarse black pepper
- Pinch pink salt
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar, add lid, and shake vigorously.
- Pour over salads.