I am so lazy sometimes and I rely a lot of easy fixes. Clarification, I rely on a lot of easy fixes that are good choices. It is easier to do than you think. In this case, a delectable dinner of lemon and garlic roasted salmon and shrimp that bakes up in 15 minutes. It’s a dream come true, especially after a long and busy day. As long as you have prepped seafood, thawing is all you have to do; it’s an easy thing to do when you wake up or before leaving the house for work. Like most things I cook, I relied on having some key ingredients in my pantry that made this doable: ghee, Flavorgod seasoning, lemons, and minced garlic, in addition to thawed shrimp and salmon.
You can do this with most seafood, you’re not limited to salmon and shrimp. Mahi mahi, scallops, cod, sablefish, etc. would all be ideal, as well. I hope you try this the next time you think you can’t put a decent dinner on the table. Because this really is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Preheated oven or grill to 400F
- ghee, or butter (my preferred brands are Omghee and Kerrygold butter)
- sliced lemons
- minced garlic
- Lemon Garlic Seasoning (I love Flavor God’s version)
- In well-seasoned cast iron, layer seafood and generously season.*
- Add 1 pat of butter or ghee per piece of fish, or per handful of shrimp/scallops.
- Add lemon slices and minced garlic. Bake for 15 minutes.
* If using grill method, wrap seafood in foil.