This is based on the Meat Bagel recipe by Ditch the Wheat.
I’m meal planning and stumbled upon this old photo of mine…just Meat Bagel BLTs. No biggie. I’m so making these this week. Get in my belly!
Here’s my version:
1 white onion, finely diced
1/4 c finely chopped mushrooms
1 tbsp @omgheebutter
1 lb Grassfed Bison (or lamb)
1 lb Grassfed beef chorizo
6 slices bacon, diced
2 large eggs
1/3 c thick hot sauce
1/4 cup finely ground pecans
1 tsp paprika and cayenne
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. 2. Spray doughnut pan (I use coconut oil spray)
3. Sauté the onions and mushrooms over medium heat with some cooking fat, like omghee etc. Sauté until translucent. Allow the onions to cool before adding them to the meat.
4.In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients including the cooked onions/mushrooms. Mix well enough to evenly distribute the spices.
5. Divide the meat into 6 portions.
6. Using your hands, roll a portion into a ball and then indent the middle, and flatten slightly to form the appearance of a bagel.
7. Place the bagel looking meat in the donut pan and repeat with each of the portions of meat.
8. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked.
9. Allow the meat bagels to cool. Slice the meat bagel just like a regular bagel. Fill the meat bagel with topping such as tomato slices, lettuce, fried egg, runny egg, onions etc. I prefer to make mine into BLTAs.