Ok, I’m getting a little out of control lately. I’m not much of a baker, but I am kind of on a roll here. I took my cereal cookie recipe and made them into PB&J Cake Pops earlier and now PB&J Thumbprint Cookies. These are rad.
Up next, I’m making Pumpkin Bars, so apparently I’m on a roll. (I swear, I did make chicken last night!)
PB&J Thumbprint Cookies (paleo and primal)
1/2 C pureed fresh pumpkin (or organic canned) NOT canned pumpkin pie
1 C cashew butter (or any nut butter) crunchy or creamy
1 C raw local honey
2 tsp vanilla
2 C + 3 TBSP almond meal/flour (or cashew flour works, too)
1 tsp Saigon cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp jam or preserves per each cake pop mold
NEEDED: Cookie Sheet
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F and grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil l (I use cast iron cookie sheet pans)
- Combine all wet ingredients together, EXCEPT jam
- Add dry ingredients and combine thoroughly
- Scoop 2 TBSP cookie batter onto cookie sheet
- Using the bottom of a greased tablespoon, make a divot into each battered vessel for the jam.
- Scoop 1/2 tsp jam into each cake pop vessel
- Bake approximately 25 minutes; cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a cookie rack with a flat metal spatula. Refrigerate overnight. We are eating them for breakfast and in lunch boxes.