Here goes crazy again! I took the Cereal Killer Breakfast Cookies and baked them in cake pop pans with a jelly center to make Pb&j cake pops. Anyone excited yet? My kids we’re!
Here’s hoping you like them too; I’ll be adding these to lunch boxes this week as a sandwich alternative.
Breakfast PB&J Cake Pops
1/2 C pureed fresh pumpkin (or organic canned) NOT canned pumpkin pie
1 C cashew butter (or any nut butter)
1 C raw local honey
2 tsp vanilla
2 C + 3 TBSP almond meal/flour (or cashew flour works, too)
1 tsp Saigon cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp jam or preserves per each cake pop mold
Optional: nuts, chopped fine or just use a crunchy nut butter
NEEDED: Cake Pop pan or cake pop maker
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F and grease a cake pop pan or cake pop maker with coconut oil (I use cast iron cookie sheet pans)
- Combine all wet ingredients together, EXCEPT jam
- Add dry ingredients and combine thoroughly
- Scoop 1/2 TBSP cookie batter into cake pop pan batter onto prepared cookie sheet
- Using the bottom of a greased teaspoon, make a divot into each battered vessel for the jam.
- Scoop 1/4 tsp jam into each cake pop vessel
- Scoop 1/2 TBSP cookie batter on top of jam and cookie batter
- Add greased cake pop pan top, secure into place with hooks.
- Bake approximately 18 minutes, according to thickness
- Cool 2 minutes and transfer to cooling rack
Try not to eat them all at once.