Paleo Corn Dog Hot Dog Mug Cake Buns. Say that 5 times real fast.
It’s a hot dog bun. It’s a corn dog. It’s a corn dog hot dog bun. It is a corny kind of thing, but it is the UNCORN corn dog you’ve been asking for! Or maybe just dreaming of.
This is based on a couple different recipes from earlier in the year. I was inspired by Butter In My Coffee who first shared the recipe with me. Then I spiced it up a bit because of a picky corn dog hater in my house, with Spicy Uncorn Corn Dog Cake Pops.
But while those are great recipes, it is hotter than Hades here, and I am not really into turning on my oven these days. So I wondered if I could take that same recipe, turn them into mug muffins in the microwave and wrap them around corn dogs instead. I have some shallow creme brûlée dishes and they were perfect for this idea.
Paleo Corn Dog Hot Dog Mug Cake Buns (makes 12 buns)
- 3/4 cup grassfed ghee or butter
- 9 farm fresh eggs
- 3 tbsp raw honey, more to taste
- 3 tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 tbsp Tabasco or other hot sauce
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 almond flour
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Coconut oil, or coconut oil spray to grease dishes
- Shallow glass dishes, or large ramekins
- Grease dishes.
- Mix together butter, eggs, and honey in food processor.
- Add in dry ingredients and process. Blend until smooth. This helped with the texture for my kid who hated corn dogs (you see the past tense there right? Because he LOVES these!)
- Pour batter into greased dishes, just a little goes a long way, you want these to be thin.
- Microwave 1.5 minutes, 30 seconds longer if needed.
- Gently ease them out of the dish by running a knife around the dish, then turn over the dish to release the mug cake.
- If your buns come out too thick, take a long serrated bread knife and slice through the center, splitting into two buns.
Serve with your favorite mustard or sauces. You can find my favorites here: Be a Saucy Wench!